Unlock Alcatel Link Zone MW40CJ Locked WiFi Router. The international carrier Vodafone and Indian network provider Idea (and Airtel), all have launched the Alcatel Link Zone MW40CJ, which is a MiFi router. Under the device settings, it shows the software version MW40_HP_02.00_05 and the device name as MW40.
It has an OLED display that shows the status of the battery, WiFi, network, and SMS.
Alcatel Link Zone MW40CJThe Alcatel Link Zone MW40CJ is a 4G data card and comes with un-customized firmware, which means there is no need to change the firmware to unlock it.
How to Unlock Alcatel Link Zone MW40CJ Locked WiFi Router?
- Change the default SIM card with any other network provider SIM.
- Connect to PC with its USB cable or with its WiFi.
- Browse for https://192.168.1.1/index.html#connection/homePinManage.html through the Internet Explorer browser.
- The device will prompt you to enter the NCK.
- Input here correct 10-digits unlock code / NCK and click Apply button.
- The device will be rebooted and will start showing the inserted SIM card network.
- Now create a new profile according to the current SIM card through the Connection menu and enjoy the internet.
The above screenshot is of an unlocked Vodafone Alcatel Link Zone MW40CJ WebUI with an Idea SIM card.
Note: Unlock code charge is only Rs. 100 for Indian customers. Before making the payment, make sure that the device is asking for a SIM lock as described. If everything is fine as described in the post, you can through PayUmoney.
A very big thanks to Anup Pravin for providing the screenshots.
Update: Unlock code works perfectly with Idea and Vodafone devices. If you have a Vodafone router and the software version is MW40_HP_02.00_07 then the NCK code will not work. So if you planning to purchase a new Alcatel Link Zone MW40CJ router then I will suggest getting Idea brand devices only. No refund will be provided, so better to make a proper decision before making a payment.
Update II: Airtel has also launched Alcatel MW40CJ which comes with software/firmware version MW40_HS_02.00_09 and MW40_HS_02.00_10. Firmware MW40_HS_02.00_09 is unlockable, while MW40_HS_02.00_10 can not be unlocked. After changing the default SIM with any other carrier, it asks for a 10 digits NCK. Today, I have unlocked it successfully. Unlock code charge is the same Rs. 100 for Airtel, Vodafone, or Idea locked devices.
Update III: Alcatel MW40CJ is now available outside India also, which are locked to different networks. Interest users can pay 2.38 USD for the correct NCK code. The correct code will be emailed within 8 hrs.